Saturday, September 18, 2010

Writing from "And Now You Write" - Ann Flesberg - September 15 and 16

Note from Julie: I would love to post any of your writing here. Any one writing for "And Now You Write" is welcome to send your words to me and I will post them on this blog which I have set aside, now, for your words.

As I was adding Ann's words to the blog this morning I was thinking what a fantastic opportunity this program may be for us to capture and witness our lives in our first person voices so that those behind us will know what our lives were like and for ourselves, so that we will remember what our lives are now.

Very potent - thank you, Ann, for offering me this awareness today.

September 16, 2010 Ann Flesberg

My hand holds love and friendship as I grasp others in greeting. It holds friendship. It holds worship as I fold it to pray. It holds energy as I wash my dishes and write my stories and poems. My hand dusts and cleans my home, scrubs my floors and cooks and bakes for my family.

September 15, 2010 Ann Flesberg

I write because...

I write because it clears my head so that I can view any problem with a positive attitude. When my thoughts are down on paper I can rationally view several sides of a problem without prejudice. Seeing my thoughts down in black and white works better than just thinking or talking about them. Writing helps me be calm and practical so that I can enjoy a satisfying life with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment