Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Collaborative Writing from the Prompt - When I Forget to Be Afraid, I...


This morning a group of writers gathered on a telephone bridge line and wrote a poem together during the "And Now You Write" community of writers session. 
 

This poem isn't finished, though - and your contribution would be received with open arms, as well as flowing pencils and fingers on the keyboard. This is a free flowing process, so don't think too hard, simply write your response via comment and become a part of this collaborative poem - 

When I forget to be afraid I...  

have courage to be me
make mistakes
I laugh, when I forget to be afraid...


I step into my bigger self
I find power
I love intensely when I forget to be afraid....


I love intensely
I go for my dreams
I surprise myself when I forget to be afraid


I become sand paper
flow freely
stand in my wisdom when I forget to be afraid

I feel the wind at my back
can be the best me
encourage others when I forget to be afraid


I begin to grow
when I forget
to be afraid...

And Now, YOU write - (please add your sentence or phrase)

When I forget to be afraid, I....

5 comments:

  1. see a stranger in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spread my arms wide
    and fly
    when I forget to be afraid

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I forget to be afraid, life just flows through me into creation, without a lot of fanfare and with a gentle joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I forget to be afraid
    I laugh, I smile, I love fully
    all the things that make up my life.

    When I forget to be afraid
    I write
    not worrying at all about what I say
    or who will read it
    or what they will think.
    It doesn't matter when I forget to be afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget fear,
    when I'm the person
    I was meant to be -
    for then, all I find is -
    me...

    ReplyDelete