Sunday, October 31, 2010

I choose....

IN response to today's prompt for "And Now You Write"

Today I choose joy, I choose openness, I choose to write.


I choose to write into this moment, whether I am writing my Artist statement for La Femme or a tweet at the Poet Party or a musing essay about the days to come - the "all's aboard energy" of writing creativity.

I choose to write into this moment in text messages and micropoetry, in framing my life and my visual poetry, in my moments of transcendent love, I choose to remember through writing. I choose to take my writing and make it into tangible soul. I choose joy when I giggle with my children, when I share of prayers for Katherine, when I recollect in gratitude lists and accomplishment lists and review my goals - my intentions - my possibilities.

I choose to be open, to let the words pour forth. I will be doing a lot of word pouring in these next days. I elect to check the mark of "Sure! I'll do it!" I choose to bare first fruit of creation. Daily. Hourly. In-the-moment-ly.

I choose to write for you. For me. For those to come.

I choose.

I choose.

I choose.

2 comments: